Let our professionals handle the job! Your surveying needs will be more than met by our land surveyors!

GÉOLOCATION can provide you with the technical and land surveying services required to complete a project of any size , on private, provincial or federal public lands. We collect data in the field, analyze regulations and titles, draw up and produce documents that meet your requirements and the standards governing the land surveyor profession.

Technical surveying

  • Establishing geodetic markers
  • Bathymetric surveys
  • Photogrammetric control surveys
  • Natural resource exploration surveys
  • Municipal infrastructure surveys
  • Topographic surveying
  • As-built surveys
  • Infrastructure stakeout
  • Control and verification surveys
  • Construction surveys

Land surveying

  • Location certificates
  • Project site plans
  • Site certificates
  • Picketing certificates
  • Cadastral operation
  • Subdivision project plans
  • Condominiums
  • Boundary marking
  • Canada land surveys
  • Technical descriptions
  • BOMA measurements

For more information about services related to technical and land surveying

Contact us now at (418) 688-3308 , or email info@geolocation.ca

Do you want to acquire a property, improve it by constructing a building or other developments, or settle a dispute over its boundaries? There’s no doubt you’ll require the services of a surveyor. Below you will find descriptions of some frequently-offered professional services, their purposes and their usefulness:

Location certificate

The location certificate is a must for a real estate transaction. It is often required by most of the stakeholders involved such as the lender, notary, lawyer, real estate agent, appraiser or municipality. It consists of a report and a plan in which the surveyor expresses “the health of a property in relation to title deeds, land registry, and laws and regulations that may affect it.” The plan illustrates your property’s area and dimensions as well as all its components and their position in relation to property boundaries. Easements and other constraints must also be included. The report deals with several issues such as the legal description of your building, encroachments, the land’s compliance with regulations, existing easements, areas at risk, etc. The location certificate cannot be drawn up without a visit to the site during which measurements will have to be taken. Therefore, if there have been any changes to your property in relation to its configuration, numbering and applicable laws and regulations, we recommend that you appoint a surveyor to prepare a new location certificate. This document, prepared by a professional, constitutes an insurance policy with respect to the knowledge of any irregularities that may exist on the property. It demonstrates the seller’s good faith by informing the purchaser about anything requiring special attention. This document should not be used for any purpose other than that its intended one, namely to report about the “legal” condition of your property at the specific time it is prepared. You cannot use this document as a basis of undertaking any work, such as erecting a fence: a staking, demarcation or establishment operation would be required.

Picketing and bounding

Do you want to do work on or near your land’s boundaries? Before you start anything, get a surveyor to properly delineate your property. There are two ways to proceed: picketing or bounding. Picketing is a unilateral operation carried out only for the benefit of the party who requests it. It is the surveyor’s opinion of your property’s boundaries which is made visible through physical landmarks. In the event that the markers to be placed are disruptive to the customer’s ownership or that of an immediate neighbour, the surveyor must undertake an investigation of the ownership. If this investigation reveals an issue with ownership, the markers cannot be installed. A plan and a report will be provided with the necessary justifications and recommendations. Therefore, although picketing has several advantages, it is not recommended when conflicting ownership or disputes exist.

Bounding is an operation under the Civil Code of Quebec involving the owners of the buildings located on both sides of the boundary. It can be done amicably or judicially. Although heavier than picketing in terms of procedures, the outcome of this operation will be recorded in Quebec’s Land Registry. Thus, it will permanently and irrevocably establish the boundaries, unlike picketing, which can be challenged.

Project Implementation Plan and Certificate of Implementation

Do you own land and want to build a new structure or modify an existing structure? To obtain your building permit, most municipalities will ask you to submit, along with your construction plans, a project implementation plan prepared by a member of the Ordre des arpenteurs-géomètres du Québec. In addition to enabling the inspector to determine your project’s compliance with municipal regulations, this document will ensure that work does not encroach within an easement corridor. Once the municipal permit and other permits have been obtained, contact the surveyor to proceed outlining the structure to be developed using iron rods, stakes or nails. Following field operations, the surveyor will issue a plan called a Site Certificate. This plan will allow the contractor to undertake the work in complete compliance. Once the construction work is completed, a new Certificate of Location would be recommended, or even required by the municipality in order to validate its compliance.

In addition, other survey operations, such as the land registry operation when subdividing or reconfiguring the land’s lots, and surveying operations related to condominiums. Find out more…

Contact us now at (418) 688-3308 , or email info@geolocation.caof